Spin Classes at Pro-Fitness Plus
A spin class is a high intensity cycling workout that will help you get fit, burn fat and lose weight!
What is Spin?
Spin is a great cycling workout in a class environment where there is a sense of team effort and group motivation. It's can be hard to motivate yourself when you're the only one there to keep you accountable. But if you're in a class then you have other participants, as well as the teacher, constantly watching over you which will give you more drive. Once you start you'll never go back!
Burn Big Calories
An hour-long Spin class can burn anywhere from 400-1000 calories depending on the intensity of the class and the amount that you push yourself. Fast-paced cycling and strategic lighter rest intervals help you recovered for the next burst.
The average class will begin at a gentle pace for 5-10 minutes. The pace will gradually pick up throughout this period but it will stay similar to cycling on flat terrain. After this period you will enter into different intervals of seated and standing work dependent on the intensity. If you're 'climbing' then you'll normally be standing but expect to be on and off the saddle through the whole session. The instructor may also ask for you to 'hover' which is basically where you are leaning forward over the handlebars with your hips above the saddle and towards the back of the Spin bike.
- 8 members max per class, first come, first serve.
- Must bring towel to every class.
- Every member is responsible to clean their own bike after every class.
- Nothing allowed in spin room, accept for bottle water & towel.
- No Offensive Language.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Do not to touch projector or computer.
- PFP is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Any concerns please see PFP Staff immediately.